I believe that challenges and difficulties make us stronger and smarter. Being in a comfort zone for a long time makes us kind of dead – older – unhappy – not creative; physically and mentally. Because of these reasons, I strongly believe that sports play a very big role in the success of our lives. What do I mean with “success of our lives”?
Money. Can it be an output of your life and then we call it success? Nope.
Fun. Can we call it a successful life which is mostly based on having fun? Nope.
There are 2 kinds of people; first, the ones who spend most of their life time by working 9-5 to achieve their dreams, which they will forget in this programmed cycle till they get retired. And guess what happens when they get retired? Either they would get bored by not working anymore, since they’ve been working for the last 30-40 years in the same cycle, or they would attempt to live their “once upon a time dreams” that’s not valid anymore. They are just not the same person as they were before and they don’t have the desire nor the energy anymore.
And the second group of people, who barely work, they only try to enjoy their time. You know, fun stuff. They don’t really create anything to the world. They just make enough money to survive if their parents are not rich.
And then the other group, which I call KiteNess people, who balance a lifestyle with work and fun. Especially with the new trend of working remotely allowed people to work, create some values and also enjoy the beauties of the life. They travel (it’s cheaper than ever), they meet a lot of people (they become an international person), they do sports ( remember? smarter and stronger), and they give back.
The first KiteNess idea was:
- I start organizing kitesurfing/kiteboarding trips to teach/practice the sport at beaches like in Caribbean. Why? It’s fun & challenging.
- KiteNess people meet and share ideas, improve themselves with each other and share the unique moments of their awesome life, and become friends.
- After a bit of doing kitesurfing trips, I wanted to organize some extreme trips such as shark diving, north pole camping.
- The point is creating better, stronger, smarter people. KiteNess people.
- And all these people had their unique profiles in the site submitted by me/my team telling their stories and why they would fit in the description of KiteNess. So they can make business with each other. And inspire others. (At least for me it’s really important who I’m working with, do we have same values and understanding? It’s important.)
What happened is, I got trapped by one of the start-up enemies: the idea itself was so good and satisfactory that starting implementing the ideas in action would take so much time and energy. The beginning is never good as the idea of the end product. I realized that months later. I was keep telling my friends, and it was always awesome to talk about it. But I’ve never done anything except getting the usernames of KiteNess from other sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and setting up a coming soon page with a third party tool (I like their service, founders are really passionate and helpful).
In addition, I’m planning to organize a trip to a beautiful coast to Brazil or Caribbean (I gotta do some kitesurfing soon). While you can learn or practice kitesurfing, you will surrendered with KiteNess people: you can improve an idea, business plan or maybe a life plan. Also, you’ll get your professionally taken photos while you’re doing kitesurfing. (trust me, you’ll want to remember these awesome moments when you’ll have on the water and it’s hard to find someone to take your photos when you’re not on the land, unless you’re doing some magic tricks.)
Hope you also get some inspiration, also fill out the form to get notified when the trip is hot
As I always say,